Singleness and Harvest-time Season

Who would have thought by growing up on a farm God was showing me a life-long lesson?

I didn’t appreciate the peaceful farm scenery growing up. I wanted to live in town, a fast-paced city. Now I always feel refreshed when I go to our family farm, soaking up the sunshine and looking at the beautiful scenery.

Having been raised on a farm, I’ve seen first-hand that when you plant seeds for a crop not all of them will produce at the same time. Each will operate in its own God-given season.

The exact is true with our lives. You may have wanted to get married during your twenties or early thirties but did not. You are in your season of waiting.

Getting married at 40, conceiving naturally and giving birth at age 42 and 44 was NEVER in my well-designed plan. I was supposed to be married to Mr. Super Christian and have all of my well-behaved children by age 27! However, the detour from my perfect plan has made me more compassionate and humble. The years have taught me from seeing the experiences of others that when our dreams are fulfilled too quickly, we take the fulfillment for granted. We become prideful.
  
Now, years after praying through my season of waiting, I know and embrace the ministry God has chosen for me. I know that providing support through this blog for Christian women 35+ who want to get married and providing support for first time moms and women who want to be moms over 35 and 40 through InSeason Mom is His well-designed path for me.


When I connect with women over 35 and 40 who are in their “season of waiting," I do not view them as statistics. I see them as I see myself and that’s why I often call them “my sisters.” I want them to know that God has not forgotten them. He still has wonderful plans for them (Jeremiah 29:11). I know this because He has used my life as a testimony to the other side of their journey-Harvest time!

2 comments:

  1. Very inspirational read. In 35 and aam in my season of waiting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paidamoyo, thank you and continue to be encouraged in your season of waiting. Harvest time will come!

    ReplyDelete