Holiday Survival Tips For Christian Singles


      www.freedigitalphotos.net/
 Thanks again to Marie Roker Jones for having me as a guest on Raising Great Men on Friday. I didn’t realize my southern accent was so heavy (smile).The interview was recorded so you can still hear the interview if you follow the link listed in my last post.


Holidays can be a mentally challenging time to be single. While you enjoy being around family and friends, you can soon feel left out of their “couple” conversations. Here’s something for you:

Cynthia’s Holiday Survival Tips

1-Be Prepared For the Battle-Put On Your Armour of Prayer and Faith

Movie theaters and television flood the screen with love stories during the holiday season. It’s a smart business decision for them, a money-making season.

Don’t believe the lie that you are the only person on the planet without a mate or that you can’t make it through another day (or at least this holiday season) being single. The Enemy wants you to doubt God’s infinite love for you. Reading Isaiah 43:1-4 always reminds me that God loves and knows me personally. I’m not just part of the mass population in the world to God. I am His. He knows my name and loves me!

He knows the challenges you have being single. He knows the challenges you have with your career, your children, etc. He knows how much you long to be married. He knows and loves you.

2- Handling the “When Are You Getting Married?” Question

Answer- for Christian friends and family:

(in a polite tone) Well, you know God has a season for everything. And as soon as He lets me know, I’ll let you know (change subject or walk away).

Answer-  for non-Christian friends and family:

(in a polite tone) Marriage is serious business. I would rather not get married than spend the rest of my life miserable because I married the wrong person (change subject or walk away).

3-Use the same respond above to the comments, “you better not wait too long because you’re not get younger.” The truth is God does have a season for everything and many people who continuously ask you about marriage are in miserable marriages.

One television minister said, “Half of the people who aren’t married want to get married. And half the people who are married want to get out of being married!”

If you need an extra boost of words of faith during the holidays, pray first, then email me. Keep Concentrating On Your Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. i love your post! thanks for sharing...God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet sister.
    I love the WHY answer....
    Q. When are you getting married?
    A. Why?
    Q. How come your not married?
    A. Why?
    Q. Why haven't you ever married?
    A. Why should I?
    WHY Why Why.....
    The holiday seasons are the time for the most suicides due to lonliness. I used to work and when I didn't I stayed inside the house.. It can be terribly lonely.
    Find someone who is alone and invite them over, you will all be blessed. xxx
    Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so much love your blog, is a place of comfort for so many single women. Great tips and i hope others get to read this. At Crystal Mary i like your comment..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith, Hope and Love, thanks for your encouragement. I enjoy visiting your blog and looking at the photos. May, I am SO THANKFUL for your constant support. Crystal Mary,thank you so much for adding the "WHY" response. I love it! I especially like your suggestion to find someone who is alone and invited them over. Thanks for your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspirational words during the holiday season! This time of the year can be very difficult to endure if you are lonely. Last year, I picked up a second job just to be sure I wouldn't be home alone bringing in the holidays. Luckily, I wound up finding a Christian man on a Christian Singles dating site. It is safe and secure and really uplifted my spirits to have someone to share my holiday with this year. Be blessed all and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mercedes for stopping by and sharing your story. I invite you to become one of the followers of Marrying Over 40. Be Blessed and Happy Holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete