Too Old to Find Love After 40, 50 or Over 60? Think Again!

Many people, unfortunately some Christians are included in this list, believe that they are too OLD to find a godly mate. I guess the “too old to find love lie” is one that my family NEVER believed. I must admit there were times my faith shook and gave thought that this lie might be right. I never should have believed it because:

My grandfather who passed away at 101 had women “checking him out” in his 80s! According to my research, when he was born, the life expectancy for men was 50! God not only gave him “long years of life” but gave “life to his years”.  I’ll bet no one at his 100th birthday party will ever forget seeing him dancing.

My mother, who is now in her early 80s, had suitors approaching her within months after my father passed several years ago and she still has suitors!

My grand aunt didn’t get married for the first time until she was 65, but I got married younger for the first time…at age 40!

When you're feeling discouraged about your marriage possibilities, I want you to look on the other side of the negative thinking, the lies the Enemy is telling you. My dear, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! (Matthew 19:26)  Follow me on Twitter and on Facebook


11 comments:

  1. I'm over 40 and I definitely still believe that it's not to late for me a second time around. I remain very hopeful about that desire.

    I try to tell my mom the same thing because she's always saying that she's too old for that now and she's only 63. But as long as she thinks and believes that, then so shall it be for her.

    Thanks for the great reminder!

    www.soulfulsandstone.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Cassandra! Never believe the "too old for love" lie. Now it's up to you or us to convince your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you give women out there hope. With God all things are possible.Your blog is full of inspiration. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! So inspirational!! And your mom must really be one "hot mama", lol.. jk. I really appreciate your kind words, btw. Thanks for visiting :)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. May and Jackie, I really appreciate your encouraging comments. I'm also encouraged by reading your blogs, too. And yes Jackie, mama lookin' good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in a hurry and off to church, BUT, I married again at age 59.... It is good. God is good and its never too late and you are never too old.. I will try to email you. Much love in Christ Crystal Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal Mary, thank you so much for stopping by and sharing that you married again at 59. Thanks for following, too. I look forward to your email. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Approaching 40 never been married. Been praying for over a decade. Quit praying. God doesn't guarantee marriage to anyone. Not being negative just real 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t view your comment as negative at all. You’re right. God does not guarantee marriage to anyone, but He does promise not to withhold any good thing from us. So, if marriage is best for His plan or a good thing for you, He will send you that mate (Psalm 84:11). The hard part is He doesn’t say WHEN. Read my blog “Too Old To Find Love.” If we could ask my grand aunt who married for the first time at 65, she would say to you, “Baby, you’re about 25 years too young to stop praying for a mate!”

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your blog. This evening I need it and it totally blessed me. I'm 43, single, hardly dated, no kids, never married and have saved myself for God's man for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelteredbyfire--I really like that name! Thank you so much for taking time to let me know that you were blessed by this blog. Especially during this time of year, the Enemy discourages and mocks godly singles with his lies. Expect his lies but don't fall for them! I encourage you to read the following post: http://marryingover40.blogspot.com/2014/12/holiday-empowering-tips-for-single.html

    ReplyDelete